Your HVAC system can be considered a bit of an unsung hero for your household. It works throughout the day to keep your home cool and comfortable in the summertime and warm and cozy in those cooler winter months. But since it remains out of sight, it often doesn’t get the attention it really needs to stay healthy and efficient.
- Replace your air filter. You should put in a new air filter once every 1 – 3 months. How often you change yours will depend a lot on the size of your household, the number of pets you have, if you have at-risk people in your home, if you live in a bigger city or not, and the type of filter you typically purchase.
- Keep an eye out for leaks. Your air conditioning lines could develop leaks, in which case repairs would be necessary.
- Clear out debris and complete basic cleaning. Every so often, turn the unit off, then ensure there are no twigs, leaves, or outside debris clogging things up. Clear it out, then clean up any dust and dirt while you’re at it.
- Maintain proper clearance around the outdoor unit. We get the appeal of wanting to hide your unit under shrubs and bushes, but giving the unit 1 – 2 feet of clearance on the sides and at least 5 inches on the top will ensure optimal efficiency.
- Invest in professional care. In the end, nothing beats service completed by a qualified professional. Be sure to call in an expert at least once a year for a thorough inspection of the unit to ensure there are no hidden damages or dangers present.
Now that you know what to do, are you curious about what to expect from your professional HVAC tech? Well, if you hire Airbusters for the job, we always ensure you know exactly what our team has to offer. Learn more below!
Benefits of Investing in Professional Services
Before we get into the what of professional HVAC maintenance, let’s discuss the why. Why is this such an important investment for a homeowner? Well, first of all, the health of your family depends on it. Ducts that have dirt, debris, mold, dander, bacteria, and other types of build-up are circulating air that could trigger illness, especially in those already experiencing respiratory issues, such as asthma or allergies.
Another big benefit of regular HVAC maintenance? Cost savings over time. Regularly maintained systems don’t have to work nearly as hard, which means they spend less time running. This results in lower monthly bills for you!
On that same note, HVAC systems that aren’t putting in overtime are less likely to break down prematurely. And investing in regular care also gives you the opportunity to spot minor damage before it turns into a costly and time-consuming repair job. This also means a lower chance of needing emergency care, which is inconvenient and expensive.
In the end, investing in professional care is easy, affordable, and once you book your appointment, we’re happy to take care of the rest. Call today to speak with the Airbusters team!
What to Expect From Us
So, let’s say you’ve booked your HVAC system inspection. What can be expected once our crew shows up?
Our inspections include a full checkup on everything in your system. Some things we inspect are the wiring, piping, venting, boiler, ignition and boiler, heat pumps, ductwork, controls and shut offs, blower, filters, connections, and whether or not the unit was properly installed. We’ll be looking for any flaws in the system like hot/cold spots, clogs, gas leaks, airflow issues, and more.
About Our HVAC Service Plans
Want to put HVAC maintenance out of your head for good? Stress less by investing in our HVAC service plan! You’ll get two tune-ups per year (once in the spring and once in the fall), ensuring any issues are promptly spotted and addressed.
In both checkups, the tech with test/inspect all electrical and safety components, check the oil and motors, inspect the refrigerant level and operation of the refrigerant system, inspect for exterior damage, flush the condensation P-trap and piping, clean the outdoor condenser coil, and verify the supply and return airflow temperatures.
The only differences are that in the spring, they’ll check the evaporator coil in addition to these services, and in the fall, they’ll also remove any dust and debris buildup from the heat exchanger and burners, verify the gas pressure, and test/inspect the defrost controls.
On top of high-quality professional care, you’ll also get a 15% discount on all parts and labor, priority emergency care (emergency rates not applied), a certificate of inspection after each tune-up, and a $50 credit towards the purchase of a new unit every consecutive year you renew.
Don’t Wait – Give Us a Call Today
When it comes to cleaner air for your home, there’s no time to waste. Your Nashville home deserves the best, so work with a team that will always put you first. Call on Airbusters Heating & Cooling Service now!