Temps are rising, flowers are blooming, and everyone in the Nashville area is gearing up for nicer days ahead. That said, the weather here can go from warm and pleasant to hot and unbearable pretty quickly, so having a proper running air conditioning system is a must. Make sure you’re all set and ready for anything by following our guidelines below.
Schedule Professional Maintenance
First things first, be sure to get your professional check-up booked. Trusting a certified, experienced tech to look things over is the only surefire way to know your system is ready to go for the new season. If you haven’t scheduled yours yet, get in touch with our crew right away to set something up!
What are some of the things you can expect from our experts?
- Cleaning the Condenser Coil: Your outdoor condenser coil is likely surrounded with leaves, dirt, and debris after months of not being used, and it will need to be cleaned out before firing your system up. Our experts do a thorough job, all while ensuring none of your system’s components become damaged in the process.
- Inspecting for Damages: Your system could have leaks, damaged ducts, or other damages, all of which will affect its ability to function safely and efficiently. Our trained eyes can spot any problems and get them resolved, well before they get worse.
- Testing/Inspecting Electrical Components: Messing with the electrical parts of any appliance in your household isn’t something for even the most avid DIY-er to mess with. Stay safer and avoid bigger damages by having our experts check it out.
- Oiling the Motors: If your motors need oiling, we have the appropriate tools and products to get it done without causing any damage to the rest of your system.
- P-Trap & Piping Flushing: Without a proper working p-trap, your system could start sucking unfiltered air into your home, which puts a strain on your system and can really affect your indoor air quality. We’ll flush yours out and make sure no blockages are present.
- Check Refrigerant Levels: Refrigerant is the chemical responsible for turning the air cold, so that you can get that sweet relief from the outdoor heat. We’ll ensure your levels are where they need to be before temps really start to rise later on.
- …& Lots More: Basically, our trained and experienced crew will ensure all areas of your system are in working order, so you can safely use your air conditioning system with ease throughout the months ahead.
Any questions about our services? Reach out! We’d be happy to help.
Change Your Filter
If you haven’t recently changed your filter, doing so now, before temps really start to rise and your A/C see more constant use, is always a good idea. Clogged filters prevent the system from functioning as efficiently, and they won’t do much to improve your indoor air quality, either.
Basically, the dirtier your filter is, the harder your system has to work (increasing energy bills and upping wear and tear) and the more likely you’ll be to experience illness due to increased pollutants in the air. Not to mention, it’ll be harder for the system to keep your house as cool as you’d like it, resulting in a less comfortable space.
Trust us – purchasing a filter and switching it out is an inexpensive, easy job that is well worth your trouble.
Stay Alert to Potential Threats/Issues
When it comes to things around the home, staying alert to any potential issues is important, and the same goes for your A/C. If you notice it seems to be running too long or if it isn’t producing the results you’d expect, call in a tech to look things over. It could be that you need a few simple solutions to keep your system running stronger and longer – all of which saves you time, stress, and money down the line.
Spotting issues early on also ensures your home’s air quality isn’t affected. Hidden pollutants can be more harmful to your health than you’d think (especially for those who already struggle with allergies, asthma, or other respiratory issues), so this is definitely something to consider as you explore your HVAC-related needs.
Consider Upgrading Your Thermostat
With the change in season, why consider a change to your thermostat? A new thermostat can help to improve system’s performance, inviting less damage over time and lengthening its lifespan, and it will ensure everything stays running as it should be, so you can enjoy the most optimal results possible.
A lot of homeowners nowadays are upgrading to a smart thermostat. These are known for giving you far less to think about when it comes to your heating needs, and they can be set to automatically adjust to your unique needs and preferences. Many can even be controlled all from you phone – can’t beat that!
Questions? Give Us a Call
At Airbusters, we’re happy to do everything we can to answer all of your questions. Give us a call today with any concerns or to schedule your next appointment. We look forward to hearing from you!